How long Does A Neograft hair transplant last?
A hair transplant is one of the most effective ways to achieve natural-looking results. However, you should know that transplanted hair will grow like your own—that means if you have a healthy head, re-growing your hair won’t be an issue. NeoGraft, a new and advanced hair transplant procedure, yields natural-looking results with minimal pain and discomfort—making it an ideal choice for patients who are losing their hair. But how long does a Neograft hair transplant last? This article discusses factors that affect NeoGraft’s lifespan and ways to keep your results lasting. Read on to know more.
What is Neograft?
NeoGraft is a hair restoration procedure that uses your hair follicles to grow new hair. It is a type of Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) that removes individual grafts from the donor area without affecting surrounding tissue or requiring sutures. There are a few limitations to the procedure, though it is a good choice for many patients:
- Recovery takes longer than other methods
- The results will be noticeable after six months and are a permanent solution.
How does NeoGraft hair restoration work?
The process of NeoGraft hair restoration involves removing hair follicles from the donor area at the back of the head using a handheld device called ‘Neograft’. During the procedure, a surgeon treats balding areas with follicles transplanted. There is little downtime in this minimally invasive procedure, and you are awake under local anesthesia. During the process, you may also talk to your doctor if needed.
Pros and cons of NeoGraft hair transplant
Neograft hair transplant involves the implantation of hair follicles into the scalp in a minimally invasive way. This painless and quick treatment makes it ideal for people without surgery. Due to its ability to provide permanent results with little downtime, it is becoming increasingly popular.
Neograft offers numerous benefits, including:
- The ability to restore hair in entirely bald areas.
- No need for stitches or sutures, which can cause scarring.
- A minimally invasive procedure that typically takes less than an hour.
- No need for general anesthesia or any sedatives.
- Side effects are minimal, quick recovery time, and no downtime.
- Minimal postoperative pain and no excessive scarring.
Although NeoGraft has many advantages, it does have some drawbacks:
- Some patients may experience small scars from the removal of hair follicles, possible cysts and infections in the skin surrounding transplanted hairs, and numbness.
- The procedure can also be expensive, depending on the number of grafts needed and where you live.
- People with genetic predispositions may experience more problems after their first procedure.
Neograft hair restoration is a safe and effective procedure. Still, it’s important to work with a qualified medical professional who can provide the information you need to make an informed decision.
How long will it take for my hair to grow back after a Neograft hair transplant?
The hair will grow back in 6-12 months. The average is about ten months, but it can vary depending on the patient. It grows at a rate of 1/2 inch per month. So if your hair was 5 inches long before surgery, it might be 3 1/2 inches long after three months and 5 inches again after six months. As a result, your scalp won’t resemble a patchwork quilt after treatment – you’ll have consistent thickness if you had thin hair on top and sides before treatment.
How long Does A Neograft hair transplant last?
A Neograft hair transplant is a low-risk surgery that yields permanent results after only six to nine months. If you take good care of your hair transplant and follow the instructions given by your doctor, your new hair is likely to last for many years.
If you take care of the transplanted hair properly, it will continue to grow like your natural hair.
Factors affecting the lifespan of a Neograft hair transplant
You can expect your NeoGraft hair transplant to last for a long time if you take all medications prescribed by your doctor and follow any other guidelines he may provide. Ask your doctor if you have any questions about anything. NeoGraft hair transplant lifespan can be affected by the following factors:
1) The quality of post-surgery care.
2) Your lifestyle choices (smoking and drinking heavily).
3) How well you treat the hair after it has been transplanted, such as by not brushing it too aggressively.
4) The quality of the donor area and how well it heals after surgery.
5) If the hair implanted in your balding areas is unhealthy, it will not last.
6) How you take care of yourself after surgery (eating well, getting enough sleep, and being active) is important. So is how much stress exists in your life.
What can I do if my Neografts Hair Transplants are falling out prematurely?
In some patients who undergo Neograft hair restoration, hair may shed, but do not worry. It is the body’s natural response and a sign of healing and regrowth. The shedding is usually temporary and will stop within a few months. There are a few things you can do:
- Make sure that you are taking good care of the transplanted area and following all instructions given to you by your doctor.
- Contact your doctor immediately if there is any sign of infection (redness, swelling, or pain).
- If you notice any scarring around the grafts (which can happen), talk to your doctor about ways to minimize scarring.
How can you keep your NeoGraft results lasting?
The best way to maintain the results of a NeoGraft hair transplant is to continue using your doctor’s recommended products. You should also follow a healthy diet, exercise regularly, and avoid smoking. NeoGraft hair restoration results are permanent, but you will still need to take good care of your new hair.
- Shampoo your scalp with a mild shampoo at least once a day and condition it every other day. Avoid using hot water on your head when showering or bathing since this can dry out the skin and cause itching. Use a gentle shampoo and conditioner that doesn’t contain harsh chemicals or fragrances that might irritate the sensitive skin around the transplanted area.
- The most important thing you can do to care for your new hair is to protect it from the sun. The UV rays in sunlight can damage new hair and cause it to fall out. Wear a hat when outdoors during the day.
- You should avoid using hot irons or curling wands on the new grafts for six months after surgery and wash your hair daily as usual. Always keep the anti-bacterial shampoo on hand in case of infection.
- After surgery, you should refrain from swimming and using hot tubs or saunas for at least six months.
- If you experience hair loss after surgery, talk to your doctor. Your doctor can determine if the hair loss is related to the procedure or another issue that needs attention. He may prescribe medication to help prevent further hair loss and encourage regrowth. If you follow these instructions, your new hair will be in great shape and look amazing. You’ll also enjoy the benefits of a full head of hair again.
NeoGraft is a permanent treatment for baldness that has been shown to produce excellent results. By following the doctor’s instructions and taking good care of the hair transplant, patients can ensure its longevity. It depends on many factors, including age and skin tone. By refraining from smoking and excessive alcohol consumption and eating foods that promote tissue development/repair, you can prolong the lifespan of your hair grafts by several years. Do your research before choosing a surgeon to ensure no problems during—or after—the procedure.
Anagen Hair Restoration is a leading hair-transplant clinic with offices in Washington DC, Maryland, and Virginia. It uses the most advanced techniques and has helped thousands of people achieve their desired results.
For more information about our hair restoration procedures or to schedule a free consultation with one of our doctors, please visit AnagenHairRestoration.com or call (301) 591-6552.